Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Indonesian Visitors

Today we had a powhiri for the visiting group form Indonesia. They speak Indonesian and some of them didn't know any English so the had a translator.
Here are some of the things we thought about the powhiri.
"I think the song was cool that they sang in Indonesian" Lachlan
"I felt a bit nervous before they came in" Sophie B
"I was a bit worried I would forget some of the words when we sang the song" Zara
"I feel very proud to be at Russell Street when I here the kapahaka and the school sing" Ebony
"They were wearing hoods, I think that it must be special clothes they wear in their country" Zach
"Maybe they were a bit cold" Zara
"They were wearing heaps of jackets" Rileigh-Kaye
"They were really nice at the end because some of the ladies waved at me" Sophie B
"It might of been a bit different here that where they come from" Thomas
"I saw someone videoing David" Calais
"They had darker skin that some of us" Jett
"They had lots of cameras because David said they were here to see what we do in our learning and take the ideas back to Indonesia to teach their kids" Rilegh-Kaye, Lachlan, Zach

2 comments:

  1. In ddicravry time we made ice hands. We got to hold them. They were cold. some of the fingers brook off. I like the hand. The hand was colder then the fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how they sang the song that they did over in Indonesia. It was quite funny because they weared hoods, jerseys and lots of warm stuff. I was nervours when we sang the haka.

    ReplyDelete